[Popgenlunch] This Friday: Bill Hill

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Jun 3 14:33:29 PDT 2010

Folks --

For this final session of PopGenLunch for this quarter, Bill Hill from the
University of Edinburgh will speak. He tells me his topic is

"Gene frequencies of genes for quantitative traits"

We meet in the usual room (S110) at 12:00 noon.

The schedule for the whole quarter is (including the past dates):

Date Room Person Topic
---- ---- ------ -----

April 2 no meeting

April 9 no meeting

April 16 S110 Sterling Sawaya Statistics of conserved
. mammalian microsatellites

April 23 no meeting

April 30 no meeting

May 7 S110 Sulgi Kim Association test with
. unrelated samples

May 14 S040 Vladimir Minin Imputation estimators for genotype
. frequencies and population
. structure.

May 21 S110 Bruce Weir Reporting variation in match
. probability estimates

May 28 S110 Joe Felsenstein The quantitative genetics threshold
. model embarks on a new career in
. phylogenetic inference

June 4 S110 Bill Hill Gene frequencies of genes for
. (U. of Edinburgh) quantitative traits

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu