[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch preliminary schedule

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Oct 5 12:50:55 PDT 2010

Folks --

Here are who has volunteered, with approximate topics. We need more
volunteers. Vladimir? Elizabeth W (the LD mapping stuff)? Leslie?

This quarter I am allowing some of the talks to be about phylogeny
projects, as we need speakers and I don't want to start a whole
separate seminar series for that.

I have assigned dates but these have some flex -- if anyone wants to
change date, let me know. I just chose from among the dates people
mentioned as possible.

Meetings are of course on Fridays, at 12:30-1:30, in S110 Foege Building.

SCHEDULE:

DATE SPEAKER TOPIC

10/9 No session (Joe is away)

10/16 Bruce Weir Variation in actual relationship as
a consequence of Mendelian
sampling and linkage

10/23 Elizabeth Thompson Combining pedigrees in populations
through identity by descent,
for better resolution of complex
traits

10/30 Joe Felsenstein Quantitative-character treatment
(with Fred Bookstein) of morphometric data

11/6 open

11/13 open

11/19 Wenyou Zhou Data from molecular studies of
rhododendron populations

11/26 No session (holiday)

12/3 open

12/10 open