[Popgenlunch] Trying again ...

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Oct 6 12:27:28 PDT 2011

Folks --

Let's try to have PopGenLunch again this quarter. There will be none this
week.

Next week I will speak, on some of the different arguments creationists
use against evolution and against "Darwinism". (This is relevant because many
of you in the future will run into these arguments and you should be
prepared -- it's not going to work to just dismiss this as "idiocy").

For the following weeks WE NEED VOLUNTEERS. If we don't get them,
I will just close down PopGenLunch, possibly for good.

We have S110 reserved for these dates from 12:30-1:30 Fridays. We can't
start at 12:00 because someone is teaching in that room (in fact, that
someone is me, teaching Evolutionary Genetics from 11:30-12:30).

Eating lunch in the room during PopGenLunch is of course encouraged.

See you on Friday of next week, and everybody please volunteer. Also
people who should get onto this list can submit requests at