[Popgenlunch] Three talks scheduled

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Oct 6 15:14:30 PDT 2011

There has been a flood of volunteers and we are now booked up for the
quarter. Three of these will be talks by Vladimir Minin and his group.
They are at UCLA for the quarter so we will try to do those by Skype or
other video-conferencing connection.

The schedule now looks like this:

October 14 Joe Felsenstein Arguments used by creationists

October 21 Adam Leache Gene flow and species tree estimation error

October 28 Vladimir Minin (S) Combining codon models and counting-based
methods for site-specific dN/dS estimation

November 4 ChaoZhi Zheng (tba)

November 11 (Veterans Day, former Armistice Day, also Admission Day)

November 18 Sharon Browning Power of IBD mapping

November 25 (Thanksgiving Day holiday; heaviest shopping day of the year)

December 2 Peter Chi (S) (tba)

December 9 Julia Palacios Roman (S) (tba)

All sessions are in S110 Foege Building at 12:30-1:30 Fridays.
Talks indicated by (S) will be given by videoconferencing (from UCLA).

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu