[Popgenlunch] Ian Stanaway on Friday -- audience needed

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Jun 7 20:44:18 PDT 2012

Folks --

Ian Stanaway of the Nickerson Lab (Genome Sciences) will speak on 6/8 (Friday)
on the topic:

Saturation of population variation detection and implications for inference

As usual it will be in Foege S110 12:30-1:30pm.

However ... The Statistics Department people can't attend this time, because it conflicts with their department's graduation ceremony, so we need more people to attend to fill in. Come and show Ian that we have illuminating comments to impart!

This is the last PopGenLunch seminar for this academic year. In the fall I will be on sabbatical in Berkeley (I'll be around all summer). Chris Glazner has agreed to handle the physical arrangements. We also need a faculty-level volunteer to do the rest, which is mostly bugging people until they volunteer. As Bruce and Elizabeth are department chairs, they are excused from having to do this. Are you listening, Vladimir?

I will make room reservations for the fall and will make the mailing list accessible to these people.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu