[Popgenlunch] Fwd: Genome Sciences presents Dr. Charles Kurland, January 14, 2013

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Jan 9 16:33:26 PST 2013

Folks --

This talk by Chuck Kurland, visiting from Sweden, is recommended. Chuck always has an unorthodox and interesting perspective on molecular evolution and microbial evolution. Chuck has had a long and distiunguished career working on ribsome structure and function, and on the evolution of endoparasitic bacteria.

If anyone wants to meet with him, he will be around Monday and you can contact me to make arrangements.

Health Sciences RR134 is in the wing next to the Plaza Cafe (the main hospital cafeteria), and can be entered from the corridor on the 1st floor that leads past the BB wing elevators.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu