[Popgenlunch] No meeting Friday, volunteers needed for the remaining weeks

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Jan 10 12:47:04 PST 2013

PopGenLunch stockholders, employees and customers --

OK, I have been back since last month and have renewed the mantle of CEO of PopGenLunch (many thanks to Vladimir and to Chris). I am trying to reverse the major downturn in sales and organize our forthcoming IPO.

Anyway there has been a problem. I did not get busy with this soon enough to have a speaker for tomorrow, so there will be no session, so ...

I heartily recommend Elizabeth Marchani's 12:30pm talk to Medical Genetics Seminar in K069 Health Sciences, on
"Tracking elusive modifier loci using identity-by-descent and influential alleles". It is PopGenLunch-type stuff and would have been a serious conflict if we had met this week.

This quarter we have S040 (the smaller downstairs room opposite the Foege Building ground floor elevators which has light streaming through from above like the dungeon scenes in some old black-and-white movies). It is actually big enough even though the glass boards are weird and one cannot depend on there being decent marker pens. The projection screen is high and big, but at least it does not cover the glassboards.

SO NOW WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR ANY FRIDAY THE REST OF THE QUARTER.

Who can fulfill their civic duty?

Anyone?

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu