[Popgenlunch] Kerry Bubb talks in PopGenLunch this week

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Jan 23 16:02:11 PST 2013

Folks --

Kerry Bubb will speak this Friday. She is in Christine Queitsch's lab which
works on heat shock proteins in plants. She writes, in explanation of her
title, that:

"This talk is motivated by Christine's feeling that 'buffering' (and I'll explain what I mean by that more rigorously) is one reason why GWAS studies have failed to explain much of the heritability for many complex diseases. I'm going to try to give a chalk-talk version."

Our schedule for the remainder of the quarter is now: