[Popgenlunch] Kerry Bubb speaks Friday in PopGenLunch (amended)

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Jan 23 16:19:57 PST 2013

Folks --

(Elizabeth Thompson has provided her talk's title, so let me amend today's email accordingly):

Kerry Bubb will speak this Friday. She is in Christine Queitsch's lab which
works on heat shock proteins in plants. She writes, in explanation of her
title, that:

"This talk is motivated by Christine's feeling that 'buffering' (and I'll
explain what I mean by that more rigorously) is one reason why GWAS studies
have failed to explain lots of heritability for many complex disease. I'm
going to try to give a chalk-talk version."

Our schedule for the remainder of the quarter is now: