Fwd: [Popgenlunch] Adam Leache this week!

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Oct 17 21:20:23 PDT 2013

Folks --

It's Adam Leache's turn (as usual, Friday at 12:30-1:30 in S110 Foege). His title is:

"Bayes factor species delimitation using genome-wide SNP data"

If the Hutch people need a video feed they should let me know.

The schedule for the remainder of the quarter is:

October 25
speaker: Bruce Weir
title: "Quantiifying the evidential strength of matching Y-STR profiles."

November 1
speaker: Sharon Browning
topic: TBA

November 8
speaker: Joe Felsenstein
topic: TBA

November 15
(Joe out of town, but seminar could meet)

November 22
(Joe out of town, but seminar could meet)

November 29
(Friday of Thanksgiving holiday; everyone will be at the mall, shopping)

December 6
speaker: Elisabeth Thompson
topic: (tentatively) her talk for conference on
"Stochastic Models in Ecology, Evolution, and Genetics"

December 13
(this date is at the end of exam week, so held in reserve)

We still need topics/titles for many speakers, and Novemer 15 and 22 are still open.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu