[Popgenlunch] Friday: Joe speaks on efficiency of estimation in phylogenies

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Nov 6 15:47:43 PST 2013

My ongoing projects I have talked about too many times, so I will try to summarize some thoughts on (and questions for the audience on) how efficiently we can infer divergence times in phylogenies. Expect it to be improvisatory.

The next two weeks (11/15 and 11/22) I will be away and there is no speaker.

11/29 is of course the day after Thanksgiving (as well as the second day of Hanukah) and of course infamous as Black Friday, the heaviest shopping day of the year.

12/6 is our one remaining session this quarter (though 12/13, at the end of exam week, is possible too).

On 12/6 we have Elizabeth Thompson, who will present, tentatively, her talk for the conference on "Stochastic Models in Ecology, Evolution, and Genetics".

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu