[Popgenlunch] Mary Kuhner on tree distances in PopGenLunch Friday

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Apr 2 18:03:14 PDT 2014

Mary Kuhner will report on her extensive work comparing distances between
trees, under the title

"When should one tree-distance metric be preferred over
another?"

This Friday (the 4th) in our usual room, S110 Foege, from 12:30-1:30pm

We also need volunteers for all weeks this quarter. No one else is yet
signed up. However I will be out of town for May 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.
If someone wants to volunteer to run the sessions those days, we could go
on then, and I might even be able to attend using Skype.

Speaking of which, does Erick's lab at the Hutch want to listen by Skype
this week? I recommend it, as Mary's project is relevant to what they do.

See you there.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu