[Popgenlunch] Sharon Browning in PopGenLunch Friday April 25

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Apr 24 20:44:08 PDT 2014

Folks --

Sharon Browning will speak tomorrow (Friday):

April 25
Sharon Browning (Statistics)
"Bootstrap adventures"

and the schedule for the rest of the quarter is (so far)

May 2
Jennifer Day (Biology)
"Hexsim -- simulation of ecology and population genetics"

May 9 no volunteer yet

May 16
Michael Karcher (Statistics)
"Handling preferential sampling in population time series inference"

May 23 no volunteer yet

May 30 no volunteer yet

June 6th no volunteer yet

You should all feel terribly guilty and should volunteer.

(note that the schedule has changed a bit -- the May 9 session was moved to
May 16 by agreement with the speaker).

We will meet (as usual Spring quarter) in S110 Foege from 12:30 - 1:30pm.

For all but April 25 and May 2nd, I will be out of town (I will be in
Friday Harbor May 5 - 31, and traveling to the SMBE meetings on June 6).
For all but June 6 I may be able to attend by Skype. Mary Kuhner has
volunteered to run the sessions those days.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu