[Popgenlunch] Jennifer White in PopGenLunch on HexSim Friday

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Apr 30 22:22:15 PDT 2014

Folks --

Friday, May 2, Jennifer Day of the Biology Department will speak in PopGenLunch
on "Successful mating of spatially-explicit demography and genetics in a new
simulation modeling framework: Individual-based, spatial eco-evolutionary
models at last"

The schedule for the rest of the quarter is now:

May 9 no volunteer yet

May 16
Michael Karcher (Statistics)
"Handling preferential sampling in population time series inference"

May 23
Vladimir Minin (Statistics) (joint work with Peter Chi)
"Phylogenetic least squares estimation without distances.”

May 30 no volunteer yet

June 6th no volunteer yet

You should all feel terribly guilty and should volunteer.

We will meet (as usual Spring quarter) in S110 Foege from 12:30 - 1:30pm.

For all but April 25 and May 2nd, I will be out of town (I will be in
Friday Harbor May 5 - 31, and traveling to the SMBE meetings on June 6).
For all but June 6 I may be able to attend by Skype. Mary Kuhner has
volunteered to run the sessions those days.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu