[Popgenlunch] Popgen Lunch Friday May 23 (corrections)

Mary Kuhner mkkuhner at u.washington.edu
Wed May 21 10:29:17 PDT 2014

Folks --

A (corrected) reminder of Friday's Popgen Lunch talk, and upcoming talks:

May 23
Vladimir Minin (Statistics) (joint work with Peter Chi)
"Phylogenetic least squares estimation without distances.”

May 30 no volunteer yet

June 6th
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
"Haplotypic variation and inference of coancestry"

We are still looking for a speaker for May 30--please contact me
if you'd like to speak. We will meet (as usual Spring quarter) in
S110 Foege from 12:30 - 1:30pm.

Joe Felsenstein will be out of town May 5-31, and traveling to SMBE
on June 6, but will try to attend all but June 6 via Skype. I am
organizing the lunches in his absence.

Mary Kuhner mkkuhner at uw.edu