[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch starts October 3 and needs your help

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Mon Sep 22 08:31:57 PDT 2014

PopGenLunch seminar for Autumn Quarter will
start on October 3, the second Friday of the
quarter (I have to be out of town on the first
Friday). We will meet at the usual time,
12:30-1:30pm. Owing to scheduling problems we
will meet in S040, the downstairs seminar room
which is opposite the elevator in Foege South.
During Spring quarter 2015 we will have S110
again.

On two dates there are problems. On October
17 I will be out of town, but PopGenLunch
could meet if one of you volunteers to
be in charge. On October 24 there is a
bigger problem. Neither S040 not S110 is
available (the three other seminar rooms
in our building are behind our lunatic
security system and thus unusuable). Does
anyone have a seminar room we could use?

So here is the schedule. I will be
volunteering for one session. Can you
help fill out the schedule? If we get
started signing up now, we can have a full
schedule by October 3.

September 26
no session as Joe is out of town

October 3
Kerry Bubb (Genome Sciences), topic TBA

October 10 TBA

October 17 TBA
(Joe will be also be out of town
on this date, but we could have a session)

October 24
No session? We can't use S040 that day

October 31 TBA

November 7 TBA

November 14 TBA

November 21 TBA

November 28
No session (Black Friday commercial holiday)

December 5 TBA

December 12
(last day of exam week)

----