[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch schedule so far

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Fri Sep 26 13:10:23 PDT 2014

There is no PopGenLunch today, as I mentioned before. Here is the state of the
PopGenLunch schedule:

PopGenLunch seminar for Autumn Quarter will
start on October 3, the second Friday of the
quarter (I have to be out of town on the first
Friday). We will meet at the usual time,
12:30-1:30pm. Owing to scheduling problems we
will meet in S040, the downstairs seminar room
which is opposite the elevator in Foege South.
During Spring quarter 2015 we will have S110
again.

On three dates there are problems. On
October 10 and on October 17 I will have to be
out of town, but PopGenLunch could meet if
one of you volunteers to be in charge in place
of me.

On October 24 there is a bigger problem. I am
around, but neither S040 not S110 is
available (the three other seminar rooms
in our building are behind our lunatic
security system and thus unusuable). Does
anyone have a seminar room we could use?

So here is the schedule. I will be
volunteering for one session. Can you
help fill it out?

September 26
no session

October 3
Kerry Bubb (Genome Sciences), topic TBA

October 10 TBA
(Joe will be out of town this date,
but we could have a session if someone
else is in charge)

October 17 TBA
(Joe will be also be out of town
on this date, but we could have a session
if someone else is in charge)

October 24
No session? We can't use S040 that day

October 31
Mike Dorrity (Biology)
Feasibility of identifying 'small' effects on fitness

November 7
Josh Schraiber (Genome Sciences)
Coalescent models of quantitative trait evolution

November 14
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Estimating effective population size using IBD

November 21 TBA

November 28
No session (Black Friday commercial holiday)

December 5 TBA

December 12
(last day of exam week)

----