[Popgenlunch] Revised schedule for PopGenLunch on 10/24

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Fri Sep 26 15:32:48 PDT 2014

[revision of the schedule I sent out earlier today. One problem solved.]

PopGenLunch seminar for Autumn Quarter will
start on October 3, the second Friday of the
quarter. We will meet at the usual time,
12:30-1:30pm. Owing to scheduling problems we
will meet in S040, the downstairs seminar room
which is opposite the elevator in Foege South.
During Spring quarter 2015 we will have S110
again.

On three dates there are problems. On
October 10 and on October 17 I will have to be
out of town, but PopGenLunch could meet if
one of you volunteers to be in charge in place
of me.

On October 24th, S040 is also not available --
Biology Department has kindly offered us
Kincaid 502 for that session, so we will meet
there.

So here is the schedule. I will be
volunteering for one session. Can you
help fill it out?

September 26
no session

October 3
Kerry Bubb (Genome Sciences), topic TBA

October 10 TBA
(Joe will be out of town this date,
but we could have a session if someone
else is in charge)

October 17 TBA
(Joe will be also be out of town
on this date, but we could have a session
if someone else is in charge)

October 24 TBA
(we will meet in Kincaid 502 that day)

October 31
Mike Dorrity (Biology)
Feasibility of identifying 'small' effects on fitness

November 7
Josh Schraiber (Genome Sciences)
Coalescent models of quantitative trait evolution

November 14
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Estimating effective population size using IBD

November 21 TBA

November 28
No session (Black Friday commercial holiday)

December 5 TBA

December 12
(last day of exam week)

----