[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch Friday, plus schedule

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Oct 30 13:06:12 PDT 2014

This Friday we will hear from Mike Dorrity with
some very interesting computer simulations of
experimental evolution studies.

As usual, 12:30-1:30 in S040, the downstairs
seminar room opposite the elevator in Foege South.

We have also had one more volunteer for speaking,
from Caiti Smukowski Heil for November 21st.

So here is the upcoming schedule:

October 31
Mike Dorrity (Biology)
Feasibility of identifying 'small' effects on fitness

November 7
Josh Schraiber (Genome Sciences)
Coalescent models of quantitative trait evolution

November 14
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Estimating effective population size using IBD

November 21
Caiti Smukowski Heil (Genome Sciences)
Recombination rate variation and its evolutionary consequences

November 28
No session (Black Friday commercial holiday)

December 5 TBA (probably me)

December 12
(last day of exam week)

All those will be in Foege S040, the downstairs seminar room, at the usual
time 12:30-1:30pm.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu