[Popgenlunch] HW5

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Feb 11 16:15:34 PST 2015

A student asked:

> In Problem 2, when you say, "the newly-arrived hatchery fish arriving as

> adults and constituting 5% of all parents in each generation," are you

> saying that migration is happening before selection in each generation?

I wanted to have the aa individuals enter the population after
selection, with the selection imagined to be on viability, so that
survivors of selection are adults. The the migrants arrive and after they
arrive they are 5% of all adults. Then they all mate randomly.

I should have made this clearer. Migration follows selection, and is
followed by random mating.

J.F.
----
Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu