[Popgenlunch] Kerry Bubb leads discussion of paper on heterotic trait loci in PopGenLunch this Friday 4/3

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Apr 2 17:41:42 PDT 2015

We now have some volunteers for this quarter, but
of course we need more. We do meet tomorrow:

This week's speaker is Kerry Bubb, from Genome
Sciences, who will lead consideration of the paper:

Ben-Israel I, Kilian B, Nida H, Fridman E.
Heterotic Trait Locus (HTL) Mapping Identifies Intra-Locus Interactions That
Underlie Reproductive Hybrid Vigor in Sorghum bicolor.
PLoS One. 2012; 7(6): e38993.

Time: 12:30-1:30pm
Where: S-110 Foege Building*
(not the downstairs seminar room)

Here is the schedule for the quarter, so far

4/3
Kerry Bubb (Genome Sciences)
presentation and discussion of paper by Ben-Israel et al. on
heterotic trait loci and hybrid vigor in Sorghum.

4/10
Michael Karcher (Statistics)
TBA

4/17
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
TBA

4/24
TBA

5/1 (Josh Schraiber, host)
Josh Schraiber (Genome Sciences)
TBA

5/8 (Josh Schraiber, host)
TBA

5/15 (Josh Schraiber, host)
TBA

5/22 (Josh Schraiber, host)
TBA

5/29
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
TBA

6/5
TBA

*Foege Building is just west of the Health
Sciences Buildings. However a large
construction site blocks the way. To
reach Foege Building go due east for 16,982
miles, and you will then find yourself
approaching Foege Building from the west.

Please note that I will be in Friday Harbor
for the sessions 5/1 through 5/22.
I will try to attend those sessions by
video link. Josh Schraiber has kindly
volunteered to host the sessions on those
dates.

----
Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu