[Popgenlunch] Michael Karcher speaks on Friday April 10

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Apr 8 18:08:30 PDT 2015

We have more volunteers for this quarter, but
of course we need still more.

This week's speaker is Michael Karcher, from Statistics
Department, on:

Quantifying and mitigating the effect of preferential
sampling on phylodynamic inference

Time: 12:30-1:30pm
Where: S-110 Foege Building*
(not the downstairs seminar room)

Here is the schedule for the rest of the quarter,
as far as we know now:

4/17
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
TBA

4/24
TBA

5/1 (Josh Schraiber, host)
Josh Schraiber (Genome Sciences)
TBA

5/8 (Josh Schraiber, host)
TBA

5/15 (Josh Schraiber, host)
Mingwei Tang (Statistics)
topic: State transition on phylogenetic tree
using Brownian motion threshold model

5/22 (Josh Schraiber, host)
TBA

5/29
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
TBA

6/5
Alice Popejoy (Public Health Genetics) (tentative)

*Foege Building is just west of the Health
Sciences Buildings. However a large
construction site blocks the way. To
reach Foege Building go due east for 16,982
miles, and you will then find yourself
approaching Foege Building from the west.

Please note that I will be in Friday Harbor
for the sessions 5/1 through 5/22.
I will try to attend those sessions by
video link. Josh Schraiber has kindly
volunteered to host the sessions on those
dates.

----
Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu