[Popgenlunch] No PopGenLunch this week, future schedule

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu May 7 16:06:27 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joe Felsenstein <joe at gs.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Subject: [Popgenlunch] No PopGenLunch this week, future schedule
To: popgenlunch at u.washington.edu

There is no PopGenLunch meeting tomorrow (Friday, May 8), as no one
volunteered. Below is the schedule of meetings for the rest of the
quarter. Meetings will be as usual:

Time: 12:30-1:30pm
Where: S-110 Foege Building*
(not the downstairs seminar room)

5/15 (Josh Schraiber, host)
Mingwei Tang (Statistics)
topic: State transition on phylogenetic tree
using Brownian motion threshold model

5/22 (Josh Schraiber, host)
TBA, no one yet signed up

5/29
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Topic: TBA

6/5
Alice Popejoy (Public Health Genetics) (tentative)
Statistical Genetics capstone project talk.
Tentative topic: molecular evolution of nonvisual opsins

*Foege Building is just west of the Health
Sciences Buildings. However a large
construction site blocks the way. To
reach Foege Building go due east for 16,982
miles, and you will then find yourself
approaching Foege Building from the west.

Please note that I will be in Friday Harbor
for the sessions 5/1 through 5/22.
I will try to attend those sessions by
video link. Josh Schraiber has kindly
volunteered to host the sessions on those
dates. I will continue handling the emails,
but anyone on the email mailing list
can post to popgenlunch at u.washington.edu

----
Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu