[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch this week: Mingwei Tang on continuous and discrete models in trees

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu May 14 10:53:53 PDT 2015

PopGenLunch meets tomorrow (Friday, May 15)

Mingwei Tang, of Statistics Department

will speak on

State transition on phylogenetic tree using the Brownian motion threshold model

Time: 12:30-1:30pm
Where: S-110 Foege Building*
(not the downstairs seminar room)

(Josh, can you ensure that someone lets me attend by Skype?)

Below is the schedule of meetings for the rest of the
quarter. Meetings will be as usual:

5/22 (Josh Schraiber, host)
TBA, no one yet signed up

5/29
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Topic: the ever-popular "TBA"

6/5
Alice Popejoy (Public Health Genetics) (tentative)
Statistical Genetics capstone project talk.
Tentative topic: molecular evolution of nonvisual opsins

*Foege Building is just west of the Health
Sciences Buildings. However a large
construction site blocks the way. To
reach Foege Building go due east for 16,982
miles, and you will then find yourself
approaching Foege Building from the west.

Please note that I will be in Friday Harbor
for the sessions 5/1 through 5/22.
I will try to attend those sessions by
video link. Josh Schraiber has kindly
volunteered to host the sessions on those
dates. I will continue handling the emails,
but anyone on the email mailing list
can post to popgenlunch at u.washington.edu

----
Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu