[Popgenlunch] What happened last week

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Sat May 23 10:21:34 PDT 2015

Oops! Josh wrote:

> Hi all,

> I don’t think Joe sent out an e-mail so I want to make sure you all know

> there’s

> +still a meeting today at 12:30. I’ll be giving a short presentation on this

> +paper:

> http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1002112

> and then hopefully we can talk about some of the interesting issues of what

> +shapes genetic variation in natural populations.

> Best,

> Josh

Actually I had heard from Sharon about her title, and then sent out a notice on Wednesday. But I goofed and sent it to the wrong address by selecting the wrong "popgenlunch" in my Gmail interface. This somehow led to the email not going to the list, but also not bouncing back to me. My apologies. For what it is worth I append the mail I sent, below. (I had also informed Josh that I would not need to connect by Skype that time because of a conflicting activity here).

I hope that Sharon and Josh worked out who would talk, and I hope some audience came. If someone can inform me what happened, I can use that to plan what will happen next Friday. I will return to Seattle late Thursday, and will be able to be there.

Here is the email I sent, which no one received:

----- Forwarded message from Joe Felsenstein <joe at gs.washington.edu> -----