[Popgenlunch] Sharon Browning speaks in PopGenLunch on Friday on estimating recent population sizes

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue May 26 15:21:20 PDT 2015

There will be a PopGenLunch session on Friday:

Sharon Browning (of the Biostatistics Department) will talk, with the title

Non-parametric estimation of recent effective population size from
segments of identity by descent

on Friday, May 29

in S110 Foege Building

12:30 - 1:30pm

Will she actually make the work of Vladimir Minin and his students
obsolete? Come hear!

I will be back from Friday Harbor by then, so I'll see you all there.
Many thanks to Josh Schraiber for holding things together and for
rescuing last Friday's seminar when I failed to get the word out.

Below is the one meeting that remains for the rest of the
quarter. Meetings will be at the usual times and place:

6/5
Alice Popejoy (Public Health Genetics) (tentative)
Statistical Genetics capstone project talk.
Tentative topic: molecular evolution of nonvisual opsins

That will be the last PopGenLunch until autumn. (There is no
volunteer for 6/13 and I will be out of town at my son's college
graduation, anyway).

*Foege Building is just west of the Health
Sciences Buildings. However a large
construction site blocks the way. To
reach Foege Building go due east for 16,982
miles, and you will then find yourself
approaching Foege Building from the west.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu