[Popgenlunch] This week in PopGenLunch: Josh Schraiber leads discussion of paper on selection in European genomes

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Oct 27 15:57:40 PDT 2015

Wednesday in PopGenLunch we will hear from

Josh Schraiber of Genome Sciences

who lead us in discussion of a paper Iain Matheson et al. from (I
think) David Reich's lab

Eight thousand years of natural selection in Europe

which infers selective sweeps from European genomes, past and present.

It can be read or downloaded from:

http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2015/10/10/016477

As usual, we will be in S110 Foege Building at 12:30pm to 1:30pm.

(People coming from upper campus should note the closure, for the next
9 months or so, of the pedestrian bridge near Kincaid Hall, Hitchcock
Hall, and J wing, as well as of the section of the Burke-Gilman Trail
along that side of NE Pacific Street. See if you can find a way
here.)

The schedule for the rest of the quarter is:

November 4
Vu Dinh (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center)
The single-branch-length likelihood function

November 11
VETERANS' DAY HOLIDAY

November 18
John Ranola (Statistics)