[Popgenlunch] Qian Zhang speaks in PopGenLunch Friday

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:29:35 PST 2016

Thanks to Qian Zhang for her interesting presentation today. There was a
lot of discussion about the assumptions underlying the FST models that she
was working on. I hope that this was helpful to her. As the Genome 561
class needed to use the room at 1:30, Qian's presentation was cut short by
the delays from the discussion.

She has kindly agreed to be the speaker at the first session in next
quarter, and complete her presentation then. That will be on April 1st
(no fooling!).

In the meantime Aaron Wolf has told us what will be his topic: reviewing a
paper from the literature:

> Next week at PopGenLunch I'l be presenting the following paper:

> "Ancient gene flow from early modern humans into Eastern Neanderthals",

Kuhlwilm et al., Nature, 2016.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu