[Popgenlunch] Sharon Browning speaks on Friday

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Apr 13 22:13:21 PDT 2016

Friday, the 15th of April, we will hear from

Sharon Browning (Department of Biostatistics)

on

Ancestry-specific recent effective population size in the Americas

As usual this quarter, this will be at 12:30-1:30pm in the first floor
seminar room S-110.

We have no speaker for next April 22 or April 29 (volunteers?)

Two more talks are scheduled at this point:

On 6 May,
Elizabeth Thompson (Department of Statistics)
will speak on:
Using pairwise estimated kinship and IBD in variance-component models for
mapping quantitative traits

and on 13 May,
Qian Zhang will speak again, on further progress with her project on a
Bayesian approach to inference of population structure from pairwise Fst
measures.

The rest of the slots are open. Slots that are available are, of
course, April 22nd and 29th, May 20th, and 27th, and June 3rd.

As I mentioned before, for the slots from 22nd April (if there is one then)
to 6th of May, I will be present by Skype from Friday Harbor.

Can someone volunteer to chair these sessions? Mary Kuhner is unable to do
this.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu