[Popgenlunch] No PopGenLunch today, next week Elizabeth speaks

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Fri Apr 29 09:54:43 PDT 2016

As most of you are probably aware, there will be no PopGenLunch session
today, as no speaker came forward.

Two more talks are scheduled at this point:

Next week, on 6 May,
Elizabeth Thompson (Department of Statistics)
will speak on:
Using pairwise estimated kinship and IBD in variance-component models for
mapping quantitative traits

and on 13 May,
Qian Zhang will speak again, on further progress with her project on a
Bayesian approach to inference of population structure from pairwise Fst
measures.

The rest of the slots are open. Slots that are available are, of course,
May 20th, and 27th, and June 3rd.

I will be out of town until 5/11, so for the session on the 6th I will
attend by Skype.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu