[Popgenlunch] Elizabeth Thompson speaks on May 6th in PopGenLunch

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu May 5 14:52:48 PDT 2016

This week, on Friday, 6 May,
Elizabeth Thompson (Department of Statistics)
will speak on:
Using pairwise estimated kinship and IBD in variance-component models for
mapping quantitative traits

As usual, in S-110 from 12:30pm to 1:30pm.

and on 13 May,
Qian Zhang will speak again, on further progress with her project on a
Bayesian approach to inference of population structure from pairwise Fst
measures.

On 27th May,
Alice Popejoy will speak (topic to be announced)

The rest of the slots are open. Slots that are available are, of course,
May 20th, and June 3rd.

I will be out of town until 5/11, so for the session on Friday I will
attend by Skype (if someone can attend with a laptop for me to connect to).

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu