[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch -- need someone to run session this week

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:09:37 PDT 2016

PopGenLunch folks --

We now have enough volunteers that our schedule has five entries and covers
the next four weeks, plus.

We start the quarter with an interesting talk (see below).

Except ... I just realized that I cannot attend the session tomorrow
(Wednesday) because of my family's observance of the Yom Kippur holiday. I
won't be there.

Assuming we can find someone to run the session, here is the schedule as it
is right now:

10/12
Amrit Dhar (Statistics)
Calculating higher-order moments of phylogenetic stochastic mapping
summaries
in linear time

10/19
Arman Bilge (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
Estimating mutation parameters and population history simultaneously from
temporally-spaced genome data

10/26
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
Relationships, Relatedness, and the Co-ancestry of [the] Genome, or Finding
genes via relatedness and the Co-ancestry of the genome

11/16
Qian Zhang (Biostatistics)
TBA

11/23
Joe Felsenstein (Genome Sciences & Biology)
Some population-genetic arguments creationists make

Still available are 11/30 and 12/7.

Also available are two dates on which I am not able to attend (on one I will
be out of town, and on one I have to attend a compulsory workshop here at
UW):
11/2, and 11/9. I also am away 10/26. We will get someone else to run the
session on these days.

As always this quarter, talks will be on Wednesdays at 12:30 - 1:30pm in
S110
Foege Building.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu