[Popgenlunch] Arman Bilge speaks tomorrow in PopGenLunch, schedule filled in

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Oct 18 13:43:21 PDT 2016

PopGenLunch folks --

We finally start the quarter with an interesting talk (see below).
The schedule is fairly well filled in, except for two weeks when I can't
attend myself. Tomorrow:

10/19
Arman Bilge (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
Estimating mutation parameters and population history simultaneously from
temporally-spaced genome data

10/26
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
Relationships, Relatedness, and the Co-ancestry of [the] Genome, or Finding
genes via relatedness and the Co-ancestry of the genome

11/16
Qian Zhang (Biostatistics)
TBA

11/23
Mingwei Tang (Statistics)
Counting binary trait transitions in Brownian motion threshold models of
evolution

11/30
Amrit Dhar (Statistics)
Calculating higher-order moments of phylogenetic stochastic mapping
summaries in linear time

12/7
Joe Felsenstein (Genome Sciences & Biology)
Some population-genetic arguments creationists make

Also available are two dates on which I am not able to attend (on one I
will be out of town, and one on which I have to attend a compulsory
workshop here at UW): 11/2 and 11/9. I also am away 10/26. We will get
someone else to run the session on that day, and on 11/2 and 11/9 if anyone
can speak then.

As always this quarter, talks will be on Wednesdays at 12:30 - 1:30pm in
S110 Foege Building.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
University of Washington, Box 355065, Seattle, WA 98195-5065 USAå