[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch 10/26: Elizabeth Thompson speaks

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Oct 25 10:57:12 PDT 2016

PopGenLunch folks --

Another excellent speaker Wednesday, Elizabeth Thompson. There is some
ambiguity about the exact title, which she will clear up. I can't be
present, but hope that everyone can get into the room, which should
automatically unlock itself at the appropriate hour.

The schedule is now fairly well filled in, except for two weeks when I
can't attend myself. Tomorrow:

10/26
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
Relationships, Relatedness, and the Co-ancestry of [the] Genome, or Finding
genes via relatedness and the Co-ancestry of the genome

11/2
no session (Joe is out of town)

11/9
no session (Joe is in town but in a compulsory meeting for bureaucratic
reasons)

11/16
Qian Zhang (Biostatistics)
TBA

11/23
Mingwei Tang (Statistics)
Counting binary trait transitions in Brownian motion threshold models of
evolution

11/30
Amrit Dhar (Statistics)
Calculating higher-order moments of phylogenetic stochastic mapping
summaries in linear time

12/7
Joe Felsenstein (Genome Sciences & Biology)
Some population-genetic arguments creationists make

Also available are two dates on which I am not able to attend (on one I
will be out of town, and one on which I have to attend a compulsory
workshop here at UW): 11/2 and 11/9. We will get someone else to run the
session on 11/2 and 11/9 if anyone volunteers to speak then.

As always this quarter, talks will be on Wednesdays at 12:30 - 1:30pm in
S110 Foege Building.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu