[Popgenlunch] No PopGenLunch on Wednesday 11/2 Th

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Mon Oct 31 17:00:36 PDT 2016

PopGenLunch folks --

As I have mentioned, I am now out of town so there is no PopGenLunch
tomorrow.

The schedule is now fairly well filled in, except for the two weeks when I
can't attend myself.

11/2
no session (Joe is out of town)

11/9
no session (Joe is in town but in a compulsory meeting for bureaucratic
reasons)

11/16
Qian Zhang (Biostatistics)
TBA

11/23
Mingwei Tang (Statistics)
Counting binary trait transitions in Brownian motion threshold models of
evolution

11/30
Amrit Dhar (Statistics)
Calculating higher-order moments of phylogenetic stochastic mapping
summaries in linear time

12/7
Joe Felsenstein (Genome Sciences & Biology)
Some population-genetic arguments creationists make

Also available is the date on which I am not able to attend (on one I will
be out of town, and one on which I have to attend a compulsory workshop
here at UW): 11/2 and 11/9. We will get someone else to run the session on
11/9 if anyone volunteers to speak then.

As always this quarter, talks will be on Wednesdays at 12:30 - 1:30pm in
S110 Foege Building

Joe Felsenstein, joe at gs.washington.edu
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Box 355065,
Seattle, WA. 98195-5065 USA