[Popgenlunch] No PopGenLunch on Wednesday 11/9

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Wed Nov 9 06:01:08 PST 2016

PopGenLunch folks --

As I have mentioned before, although I am in town, I have to attend a
compulsory workshop this afternoon, at a time that conflicts with
PopGenLunch (and is structured so that one must arrive at the workshop
before 1pm or else bad things happen to you).

No one having volunteered to talk today, there will be no PopGenLunch, and
you can use the time expressing surprise at the outcome of the national
elections.

For future weeks:

The schedule for remaining weeks of this quarter is now filled in. Here are
the future sessions.

11/16
Qian Zhang (Biostatistics)
TBA

11/23
Mingwei Tang (Statistics)
Counting binary trait transitions in Brownian motion threshold models of
evolution

11/30
Amrit Dhar (Statistics)
Calculating higher-order moments of phylogenetic stochastic mapping
summaries in linear time

12/7
Joe Felsenstein (Genome Sciences & Biology)
Some population-genetic arguments creationists make

As always this quarter, talks will be on Wednesdays at 12:30 - 1:30pm in
S110 Foege Building

Start thinking about volunteering for next quarter.

Joe (CEO, PopGenLunch)
-----
joe at gs.washington.edu
Joe Felsenstein, Department of Genome Sciences and Department of Biology
Box 355065, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-5065