[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch tomorrow

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Nov 29 15:36:49 PST 2016

PopGenLunch folks --

Tomorrow (11/30) is the next to last meeting of PopGenLunch for the quarter.

Amrit Dhar of Statistics Department will tell us about:

Calculating higher-order moments of phylogenetic stochastic mapping
summaries in linear time

as usual it is in S110 from 12:30 to 1:30pm.

This is work with Vladimir Minin, who cannot be present owing to a time
conflict. I will be making a sound recording of the talk to enable
Vladimir to hear what transpired.

(By the way, one correction. Last week's talk by Mingwei Tang was also
work with Vladimir, and Tang is affiliated with the Statistics Department,
not with the Biostatistics Department as I erroneously said.)

There is one more talk to go after that. On 12/7 I will speak on "Some
population-genetic arguments creationists make".

Next quarter we will resume, also on Wednesdays, but in the downstairs
seminar room S040. In Spring Quarter we will meet in S110 on Fridays.

Start planning your winter-quarter talks!

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu