[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch this quarter

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Jan 10 16:26:17 PST 2017

Folks --

Bad and good news. The bad news first: no one has volunteered yet to
speak tomorrow (the 11th), so there will be no PopGenLunch this week.

The good news: we have our first volunteer! Serena Tucci, a postdoc
in the Akey lab in GS, will speak on the 22nd of February. Her topic
is My topic would be

"A review of models of Out of Africa"

which she describes as "based on the following papers which came out
few months ago together with ~800 new human genomes:"

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v538/n7624/full/nature18299.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v538/n7624/full/nature18964.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v538/n7624/full/nature19792.html

Keep the offers to speak coming! Maybe we will have a speaker next week.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu