[Popgenlunch] PopGenLunch this quarter

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:10:02 PDT 2017

PopGenLunch people --

This quarter we meet on Fridays at 12:30-1:30pm in S110, our usual (bigger,
upstairs) room.

I am not able to attend this week, so I will decree that there is no session
this week.

Note also that from May 19 to the end of the quarter, I will be at the Friday
Harbor Laboratories. I will attend PopGenLunch its last 3 times, but by Skype.
Someone else will have to run the session.

A number of people have volunteered to speak already, but in somewhat general
terms. I hope that they will volunteer again, and pick a date.

Dates available: 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19*, 5/26*, and 6/2*.

*The last 3 dates are those when I will attend by Skype.

By the way, some of you attended the talk by Max Press at the end of last
quarter when we asked him so many questions that he didn't get to the end of
his talk in time. To hear a more complete account, note that he is talking in
a Postdoc report to the Genome Sciences Department at 1:30 on Wednesday in the
GS auditorium.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu