[Popgenlunch] No meeting of PopGenLunch this week

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 4 11:46:14 PDT 2017

PopGenLunch folks --

Once again there will be no PopGenLunch session this week, as no one
volunteered for that slot. But we have now had some volunteer for
later dates.

As always this quarter, sessions will be in S110 Foege (our usual
larger room in the 1st floor of Foege South) from 12:30-1:30pm on
Fridays. They are currently having projector problems. They promise
to fix them soon, but even if they don't, my lab has its own portable
projector.

The schedule so far is

April 14
TBD

April 21
TBD

April 28
Andy Magee (Biology)
Applications of the Horseshoe prior to Bayesian phylogenetics

May 5
Arman Bilge (Statistics)
Topic: TBA

May 12
Xiaowen Tian (Biostatistics)
Topic: "my work on mutation rates"

May 19*
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Detecting tracts of ancient introgression

May 26*
TBD

June 2*
TBD

Of course, more volunteers would not be unwelcome.

* On these three dates, I will be attending by Skype from Friday
Harbor, and someone else will lead the session.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu