[Popgenlunch] Talk by Ying Zhou on admixture LD this week in our seminar

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 11 12:40:53 PDT 2017

Folks --

There will, actually, be a PopGenLunch session this week. We have had
more volunteers.

On Friday (the 14th) the speaker will be

Ying Zhou

of the Department of Biostatistics

who will speak on

"Dissecting admixture linkage disequilibrium under a general model of
population admixture"

As always this quarter, sessions will be in S110 Foege (our usual
larger room in the 1st floor of Foege South) from 12:30-1:30pm on
Fridays.

The schedule for the rest of this quarter is:

April 21
Joe Felsenstein (Genome Sciences, Biology)
Has Granville Sewell used thermodynamics to disprove evolution?

The link to his argument:
http://www.math.utep.edu/Faculty/sewell/AML_3497.pdf

April 28
Andy Magee (Biology)
Applications of the Horseshoe prior to Bayesian phylogenetics

May 5
Arman Bilge (Statistics)
title TBA

May 12
Xiaowen Tian (Biostatistics)
Mutation rates estimation from IBD segment

May 19*
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Detecting tracts of ancient introgression

May 26*
Qian Sophia Zhang (Biostatistics)
Fst, probably

June 2*
TBA

* On these three dates I will be at Friday Harbor Labs and will
participate by Skype, with someone else leading the session.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu