[Popgenlunch] Reminder: Talk by Ying Zhou on admixture LD in our seminar

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Apr 13 18:59:00 PDT 2017

Folks --

On Friday (the 14th) the speaker will be

Ying Zhou

of the Department of Biostatistics

who will speak on

"Dissecting admixture linkage disequilibrium under a general model of
population admixture"

As always this quarter, sessions will be in S110 Foege (our usual
larger room in the 1st floor of Foege South) from 12:30-1:30pm on
Fridays.

The schedule for the rest of this quarter is:

April 21
Joe Felsenstein (Genome Sciences, Biology)
Has Granville Sewell used thermodynamics to disprove evolution?

The link to his argument:
http://www.math.utep.edu/Faculty/sewell/AML_3497.pdf

April 28
Andy Magee (Biology)
Applications of the Horseshoe prior to Bayesian phylogenetics

May 5
Arman Bilge (Statistics)
title TBA

May 12
Xiaowen Tian (Biostatistics)
Mutation rates estimation from IBD segment

May 19*
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Detecting tracts of ancient introgression

May 26*
Qian Sophia Zhang (Biostatistics)
Fst, probably

June 2*
TBA

* On these three dates I will be at Friday Harbor Labs and will
participate by Skype, with someone else leading the session.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu