[Popgenlunch] Fwd: Joe talks Friday in PopGenLunch on Granville Sewell's thermodynamic refutation of evolution

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 25 16:52:49 PDT 2017

PopGenLunch folks --

PopGenLunch will occur on Friday, April 28th

at the usual time,

12:30-1:30pm

in S110 Foege Building (we have hopes that this time the seminar room
door will be unlocked)

Andy Magee, of the Department of Biology, will speak on

Applications of the Horseshoe prior to Bayesian phylogenetics

I am assured that no horses will be harmed, or even shod.

The schedule for the rest of the quarter is now filled, thanks to volunteers:

May 5
Arman Bilge (Statistics)
Probabilistic Path Hamiltonian Monte Carlo for Bayesian Phylogenetic Inference

May 12
Xiaowen Tian (Biostatistics)
Mutation rates estimation from IBD segment

May 19*
Sharon Browning (Biostatistics)
Detecting tracts of ancient introgression

May 26*
Qian Sophia Zhang (Biostatistics)
Fst, probably

June 2**
Caiti Smukowski Heil (Genome Sciences)
TBA

* On these two dates I will be at Friday Harbor Labs and will
participate by Skype, with Serena Tucci leading the session.

** On this date I will also be at Friday Harbor and will participate
by Skype. Serena Tucci may or may not be available to lead the
session; we are interested in other possible volunteers.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu