[Popgenlunch] Kelley Harris speaks Friday

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Oct 26 07:45:58 PDT 2017

This week's PopGenLunch will feature the Genome Sciences Department's new
population genomics hire, Kelley Harris, who is here from Stanford University
where she is finishing her postdoc and preparing to move here in January.

Her title is: "Functional implications of Neanderthal introgression"

As usual, we meet in S110 Foege from 12:30-1:30pm.

We now have a reasonably full schedule for the quarter. (If you feel frustrated
that you didn't sign up in time, we have one slot left, and there's always next
quarter). By the way, I will unfortunately be out of town for the November 3
session.

November 3
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
Methods for detection of inbreeding depression and early embryonic
recessive lethals from genomic data on surviving relatives

November 10
Veterans' Day (and Armistice Day and Admission Day*) holiday

November 17
Arman Bilge (Statistics)
Topic TBD

December 1
William DeWitt (Genome Sciences)
probably: Inferring trees for B cell affinity maturation (work with Erick
Matsen and Vladimir Minin)

December 8
TBA

* ask me sometime