[Popgenlunch] William DeWitt on B cell trees Friday in PopGenLunch

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Nov 30 12:25:07 PST 2017

Folks --

PopGenLunch will meet Friday, when William DeWitt of
Genome Sciences will speak on
inferring trees for B cell affinity maturation
(which is work with Erick Matsen and Vladimir Minin)

One empty slot remains this quarter, on December 8. Volunteer?

This quarter, those sessions will be in S110 Foege Building from 12:30-1:30pm.

====== FREE BOOK SALE, PARTS 2 and 3 ===========

In addition, I want to make a personal notice: As a result of my move to
a retirement office (S432) I had to downsize my shelves of books. In
October I held a "free book sale" in Genome Sciences that was quite
successful in getting most of the books into other peoples' hands.

There were 5 boxes of books that were not in that sale, and some
people may have been unable to get past Foege's crazed
security system. So I have been holding another free book sale
in Kincaid Hall on the 5th floor, outside Kincaid 534. There are
still 3 boxes of books available there.

If these do not go by Monday, I will move them again to the
3rd floor lounge in Foege, in hopes of avoiding tossing books into
the trash.

In addition, there are about 10 boxes of issues of scientific
journals (Systematic Zoology, Systematic Biology, Theoretical
Population Biology, Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, and
some others). These have proven hard to give away -- they may
end up in the trash.

So please help yourself and help me out.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu