[Popgenlunch] Sharon Browning in PopGenLunch on Friday at 12:30 in S110

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 10 08:54:25 PDT 2018

Folks --

(Oops. The PopGenLunch notice I just sent out
had the wrong Subject line. No, I am not talking
this week,. This is the correct mailing.)

This week we have an intriguing talk:

Sharon Browning

of Biostatistics on

Denisovans in your family tree

PopGenLunch this quarter will be on
Fridays from 12:30-1:30pm in our usual
room, S110 Foege Building.

(Remember, not Wednesday and not
downstairs)

Note: I will be traveling that day so we need
someone else to volunteer to run the session.

The schedule for the rest of the
quarter is:

April 20
TBA

April 27 (*)
Marshall Abrams (Philosophy, University of Alabama - Brimingham)
Deemphasizing individuals: Population genetics and the metaphysics of
evolutionary processes

May 4
TBA

May 11
TBA

May 18 (S)
TBA

May 25 (S)
reserved, see below

June 1 (S)
reserved, see below

(One of the last two sessions will
actually have Bruce Weir, speaking on
"Estimating the inbreeding coefficient",
and the other will have Elizabeth
Thompson, speaking on a closely
related topic. They will be working
out who goes first.)

Note that we have four open slots.
For those sessions, volunteers are,
of course, welcome.

This quarter I will be away for about
5 of the sessions, 3 of them in Friday
Harbor, from where I will try to attend
by Skype. We will try to have sessions
anyway, with others in charge. I marked
the two sessions I have to miss by (*) above,
and those which I will attend by Skype
by (S).

As usual, bringing and eating lunches
is welcome (though food is not provided).

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu