[Popgenlunch] No PopGenLunch this week

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu May 3 22:04:16 PDT 2018

Folks --

Thanks to Bruce Weir for chairing the
session last week, and to Marshall Abrams
of University of Alabama Birmingham for
speaking -- I hear that it was interesting.

This week, however, we have no volunteer,
so there will be no session.

As usual, PopGenLunch this quarter is on
Fridays from 12:30-1:30pm in our usual room,
S110 Foege Building. When it happens.

The schedule for the rest of the quarter is:

May 11
TBA

May 18 (S)
TBA

May 25 (S)
reserved, see below

June 1 (S)
reserved, see below

(One of the last two sessions will actually
have Bruce Weir, speaking on
"Estimating the inbreeding coefficient", and
the other will have Elizabeth Thompson,
speaking on a closely related topic. They
will be working out who goes first.)

Note that we have two open slots. For
those sessions, volunteers are,
of course, welcome. One of our participants
has told me he will soon volunteer for one
of the two empty slots.

I will be away 3 of these sessions in Friday
Harbor, from where I will try to attend by Skype.
We will try to have sessions anyway, with others
in charge. I marked the session which I will
attend by Skype by (S).

As usual, bringing and eating lunches is welcome
(though food is not provided).

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu