[Popgenlunch] Andrew Magee in PopGenLunch this week

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue May 15 16:04:55 PDT 2018

Folks --

PopGenLunch will meet this week.

Andrew Magee, of the Department of Biology

will speak on

Random fields in phylogenetics

As usual, PopGenLunch this quarter is on
Fridays from 12:30-1:30pm in our usual room,
S110 Foege Building.

Next week, we have the first of
an outstanding pair of talks on
inbreeding, by two widely-acclaimed experts:

May 25
Bruce Weir (Biostatistics)
Estimating individual inbreeding coefficients

June 1
Elizabeth Thompson (Statistics)
Detecting causal regions for inbreeding depression

I will be away for all of these last 3 sessions
at Friday Harbor Laboratories, from where I will try
to attend by Skype. will try to have sessions anyway,
with others in charge.

As usual, bringing and eating lunches is welcome
(though food is not provided).

and ... an announcement of note:

This quarter ends my tenure as CEO of PopGenLunch,
but no need to worry -- PopGenLunch will continue!
Kelley Harris has volunteered to take over as CEO,
and I will make sure that she gets access to, and
ownership of, the mailing list, the executive suite, and
the bank account. She is of course free
to modify the meeting times, the name of the group,
and the format of the meetings.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu