[PopGenLunch] Robin Waples in popgen lunch, 1/9

Kelley Harris harris.kelley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 15:43:14 PST 2019

Hello popgen lunch enthusiasts,

See you on Wednesday at noon in Foege S-040 for the first popgen lunch of 2019! We have a great lineup of speakers set to ring in the new year:

January 9: Robin Waples, NOAA, "Pseudoreplication in genomics-scale datasets"

January 16: Joe Felsenstein, TBA

January 23: —

January 30: Elizabeth Thompson “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread: perils of model misspecification in heritability estimation.”

February 6: Saonli Basu ``Improved Heritability Estimation by Spatial Mapping of Genetic Relationships”

A new idea I'd like to try out is to mix up popgen lunch research seminars with journal clubs. If there's a paper new or old that you'd like our esteemed crowd to discuss, please let me know and we'll put it on the calendar. You're welcome to make slides, but equally welcome to lead a slide-free discussion.

There's plenty of room in the schedule in February and March, so let me know if you'd like to sign up either to lead a journal club or a present a talk on your research in progress.

See you soon,
Kelley

--
Kelley Harris