[PopGenLunch] Robin Waples in popgen lunch, Wednesday 1/9

Kelley Harris harriske at uw.edu
Mon Jan 7 10:50:15 PST 2019

Hello popgen lunch enthusiasts,

See you on Wednesday at noon in Foege S-040 for the first popgen lunch of
2019! We have a great lineup of speakers set to ring in the new year:

January 9: Robin Waples, NOAA, "Pseudoreplication in genomics-scale
datasets"

January 16: Joe Felsenstein, TBA

January 23: —

January 30: Elizabeth Thompson “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread:
perils of model misspecification in heritability estimation.”

February 6: Saonli Basu ``Improved Heritability Estimation by Spatial
Mapping of Genetic Relationships”

A new idea I'd like to try out is to mix up popgen lunch research seminars
with journal clubs. If there's a paper new or old that you'd like our
esteemed crowd to discuss, please let me know and we'll put it on the
calendar. You're welcome to make slides, but equally welcome to lead a
slide-free discussion.

There's plenty of room in the schedule in February and March, so let me
know if you'd like to sign up either to lead a journal club or a present a
talk on your research in progress.

See you soon,
Kelley

--